India ink loan agreement of $300 million with ADB for NUHM
India inked a loan agreement worth US 300 million dollar with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to support the Union Government’s flagship program of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM).
It is ADB’s first health project in India and the loan funds will be used to
- Reinforce on-going efforts of government to develop health systems.
- Deliver quality health related services and reach the urban poor and vulnerable sections.
- Strengthen primary healthcare and promote better coordination between healthcare services and urban sectors and opportunities for public-private partnerships (PPP).
The loan has been provided from the ADB’s Ordinary Capital Resources. It has a 20-year term and includes a grace period of 5 years. The interest rate will be determined in accordance with ADB’s LIBOR-based lending facility.
About National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
- NUHM is Union Government’s flagship program which aims at improving health status of the urban population in the country.
- It is a sub-mission of National Health Mission (NHM) being implemented by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, Women & Child Development Ministry and Ministry of Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|