GoI: 20th Livestock Census
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, operating under Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying released 20th Livestock Census. According to the census, total Livestock population is 535.78 million and has increased by 4.6% as compared to the previous census. The previous census was conducted in 2014.
Highlights of the census
- The total Bovine population that includes Buffalo, cattle, Mithun and Yak is around 302.79 million and has increased by 1% in 2019
- Total number of cattle is 192.49 million and has increased by 0.8%. The Female cattle is 145.12 million and has increased by 18% as compared to the previous census (2012)
- The Exotic and Indigenous female cattle population has increased by 10% in 2019.
- The population of Non-Descript cattle has declined
- The cross bred cattle population has increased by 26.9%
- The total Buffalos are 109.85 million and has increased by 1%
- The Goat Population is 148.8 million and has increased by 10.1%
- The Total population is pig is 9.06 million. It has declined by 12.03%
- The Commercial Poultry has increased to 534.74 million and has increased by 4.5%
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|