Current Affairs 2021: Today’s News Headlines: April 9, 2021
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for April 9, 2021:
- PM Modi participates in virtual meeting with President of Seychelles Wavel Ramkalawan; the two leaders jointly inaugurate New Magistrates’ Court Building in Seychelles capital Mahe, a fast patrol vessel (FPV) christened as ‘PS Zoroaster’, one MW solar power plant and 10 HICDPs (High Impact Community Development Projects)
- India-Bahrain High Joint Commission meeting held in New Delhi; co-chaired by EAM S. Jaishankar and his Bahrain counterpart Dr. Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani
- 1st meeting of India-Maldives Joint Working Group on ‘Counter Terrorism, Countering Violent Extremism and De-Radicalisation’ held on a virtual platform
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria flies Su-30MKI fighter jet in Bengaluru to witness its ‘capability enhancement’
- Indian Army officer Lieutenant Colonel Bharat Pannu breaks two Guinness World Records for fastest solo cycling
- Army Chief Gen. M. M. Naravane leaves for Bangladesh on 5-day visit
- Project RE-HAB (Reducing Elephant Human Attacks using Bees) will soon be replicated in all states: Govt.
- Try artificial rain to douse forest fires: Uttarakhand High Court tells state govt.
- Varanasi Court orders ASI probe into Kashi Vishwanath Temple-Gyanvapi Mosque dispute
Economy & corporate
- RBI doubles limit of maximum balance that an individual customer can hold with payments banks to Rs 2 lakh
- India contributes $500,000 to United Nations Trust Fund for Counter-Terrorism; India’s total contribution now USD 1.05 million.
- BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India and China) nations ask developed economies to provide finance to developing nations to battle climate change
- Australian air force to call its personnel aviators rather than airmen, women comprise 20%
- Recovery underway after worst global recession since World War II: IMF MD Christine Georgieva
- France: President Emmanuel Macron announces plans to scrap elite ENA (Ecole Nationale d’Administration) graduate school and replace it with a new institute; ENA seen as symbol of elitism
- Athlete Dutee Chand to receive Chhattisgarh government’s Veerni Award; holds national record of 11.22 secs in women’s 100m
Category: Today's News Headlines