Budget 2021- Provision of Rs 913.43 crores made for MoPR
In the Union Budget 2021-2022, total of Rs.913.43 crores have been dedicated to the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR). This amount to 32% increase in the revised estimate of budget 2020-21.
How Rs 913.43 crores have been distributed?
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA)-
- Out of the Rs. 913.43 crores, Rs.593 crores have been provided under the Scheme Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA).
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- The aim of the scheme is to strengthen Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The primary focus of the scheme is on its convergence with Mission Antyodaya by the capacity building of the rural local governments.
- The main components of the scheme include the infrastructure facilities such as Panchayat Bhawans, trained manpower, computer & broadband connectivity.
- It also seeks to provide the quality training to the elected representatives and other functionaries of the PRIs.
- SVAMITVA scheme–
- 200 crores has been allocated for scheme-SVAMITVA.
- It seeks to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners.
- It will also issue the property cards for the property owners through survey of village areas.
- Survey would be done using the drone technology by Survey of India.
Pilot phase of SVAMITVA
- For the pilot phase of the scheme, Budget Outlay of Rs.79.65 crore have been allocated.
- In this phase, the scheme is under implementation in 9 States namely, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Haryana, Punjab, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh.
- Under it, Drone Survey has been completed in about 23,300 villages by the end of January 2021.
- In 1432 villages, the property cards have been prepared and distributed or is under distribution to about 2.30 lakh property holders.
Continuous Operating Reference System (CORS) network
Under the SVAMITVA scheme, 210 CORS are being set up in Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh. SVAMITVA Scheme aims that the CORS network reaches all across the Country by 2022. The CORs networks are used by any State agency or Department namely, the Revenue Department, Public Works Department, Gram Panchayat (GP), Agriculture, Rural Development Department, Education, Drainage & Canal, Water, Electricity, Health etc. to survey the works and implementation of schemes. This network uses the GIS based applications to survey the works. It overhauls the traditional survey system in the rural areas. The network provides accuracy up to 5 centimetre-level in real-time.
Topics: Continuous Operating Reference System (CORS) network • Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) • Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) • Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) • Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) • Svamitva scheme