1. Consider the following statements: Government of India is focusing on commercial cultivation of sea buckthorn plants, which has oval shaped and flame-colored fruits Sea-buckthorn is a deciduous shrub found in some Coastal Areas of India The Sea-buckthorn is a non-leguminous nitrogen fixation plant Which among the above statements is / are correct? 2. Currently, ..
UPSC Prelims Mini Mock Test Series
1. Consider the following: A common parliament Central bank Court of justice Which among the above is/ are features of the African Union? 2. As per recent studies, some meteorologists claim that 2016 will be among hottest years on record due to "Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO)". With this reference, consider the following statements: PDO is a temperature pattern ..
1. Whose consent is required for a money bill to originate in the state legislature? 2. Article 20 of the Indian Constitution is an important fundamental right as it provides protection in respect of conviction for offences. The safeguard which is not provided to the persons accused of crime under Article 20 is : 3. ..
1. Consider the following statements: There cannot be more than 500 members in a Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) of a state There cannot be more than 300 members in a Legislative Council (Vidhan Parishad) of state Which among the above is / are correct statements? 2. The power of the president to nominate members in ..
1. With reference to the hazards of the pesticides, how Bio-amplification is different from Bio-concentration? Bio-concentration occurs within an organism, Bio-amplification occurs across food chain Bio-concentration pertains to inorganic substances such as metals, Bio-amplification pertains to organic persistent chemicals Select the correct option from the codes given below: 2. Consider the following statements about the ..
1. By which act Public service commission in India was established for the first time? 2. Consider the following statements: The snowline in the Western Himalayas is lower than that of the Eastern Himalayas The altitude of the Western Himalayas is higher than the Eastern Himalayas Which among the above statements is / are correct? ..