Page-7 of Daily Current Affairs Test for UPSC Prelims Examination 2023
1. Which of the following country’s government had an underwater cabinet meeting to highlight the threat of global warming? [A] Bangladesh[B] Maldives[C] Seychelles[D] Madagascar Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Maldives] Notes: The government of Maldives held a cabinet meeting in 2009 under water to highlight the threat of global warming. The Maldivian president and ministers ..
1. With respect to the eco-sensitive zone (ESZ), consider the following statements: ESZ is a fragile area that exists within 1 kilometer of protected areas. These are declared under Wildlife Protection Act, 1972. Commercial mining, stone quarrying, wastewater disposal etc. are not allowed in ESZ. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? [A] Only ..
1. With respect to the Liquid Nano Urea (LNU), consider the following statements: The first LNU plant was inaugurated at Kalol, Gujarat. Its efficiency is as high as 85-90%. It is spread directly on to the root nodules of crops. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? [A] Only 1 & 2[B] Only 3[C] ..
1. Which of the following mountain valleys is/are located in North-eastern India? Dibang Valley Galwan Valley Dzuko Valley Kuti Valley Select the correct answer using the codes given below: [A] Only 1, 3 & 4[B] Only 1[C] Only 3 & 4[D] 1, 2, 3 & 4 Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Only 3 & 4] ..
1. Who among the following Indians have won the Booker Prize award? Salman Rushdie Arundhati Roy Geetanjali Shree Kiran Desai Choose the correct answer using the codes given below: [A] Only 1 & 2[B] Only 2 & 3[C] Only 1 & 3[D] Only 3 & 4 Show Answer Correct Answer: C [Only 1 & 3] ..
1. With respect to the Universal Civil Code (UCC) in India, consider the following statements: Goa is the only state to have a UCC. Ranjana Desai Committee was formed by Central government for implementing UCC. Article 43 lays down that the state shall aspire to secure a Uniform Civil Code for the citizens throughout the ..