Page-13 of Daily Current Affairs Test for UPSC Prelims Examination 2023
1. India is a member of which of the following international organizations? International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea Permanent Court of Arbitration European Court of Human Rights Choose the correct answer using the codes given below: [A] Only 1 & 2[B] Only 2 & 3[C] Only 1 & 3[D] 1, 2 & 3 ..
1. Identify the concept from the statements given below: It is sanctioned against government securities. It is around 100 basis points higher than the repo rate. RBI revises it to strengthen the value of rupee, when required. Choose the correct answer using the codes given below: [A] Reverse Repo Rate[B] Statutory Liquidity Ratio[C] Cash Reserve ..
1. Consider the following pairs of indigenous livestock and respective states: Lakhimi – Assam Motu – Odisha Red Kandhari – Maharashtra Kherigarh – Uttar Pradesh How many pairs given above is/are matched correctly? [A] Only 1 pair[B] Only 2 pairs[C] Only 3 pairs[D] Only 4 pairs Show Answer Correct Answer: D [Only 4 pairs] Notes: ..
1. Which of the following country’s government had an underwater cabinet meeting to highlight the threat of global warming? [A] Bangladesh[B] Maldives[C] Seychelles[D] Madagascar Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Maldives] Notes: The government of Maldives held a cabinet meeting in 2009 under water to highlight the threat of global warming. The Maldivian president and ministers ..
1. With respect to the eco-sensitive zone (ESZ), consider the following statements: ESZ is a fragile area that exists within 1 kilometer of protected areas. These are declared under Wildlife Protection Act, 1972. Commercial mining, stone quarrying, wastewater disposal etc. are not allowed in ESZ. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? [A] Only ..
1. With respect to the Liquid Nano Urea (LNU), consider the following statements: The first LNU plant was inaugurated at Kalol, Gujarat. Its efficiency is as high as 85-90%. It is spread directly on to the root nodules of crops. Which of the statements given above is/are correct? [A] Only 1 & 2[B] Only 3[C] ..