Which are the largest producers states of Iron in India?
As per Ministry of Mines Data, production of iron ore at about 218.64 million tonnes in 2009-10 registered an increase of 2.67% over the previous year. About 27% of the total production was shared by Public Sector Companies like SAIL (including IISCO), NMDC, etc. The share of Private Sector was 63% which includes Tata Steel (formerly TISCO) (8%). Almost the entire production of iron ore (96%) accrued from Orissa, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Goa and Jharkhand during the year. The remaining 4% production was reported from Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.