Quiz 526 for UPSC Examinations
1. Consider the following states: 1. Tripura 2. Mizoram 3. Meghalaya 4. Manipur The correct order of increasing area of the above states is shown by which among the following? (A)1, 2, 3,4 (B)1, 4, 2, 3 (C)1, 3, 4, 2, (D)1, 2, 4, 3 2. The mean elevation of Antarctica is near which among
1. Consider the following states:
The correct order of increasing area of the above states is shown by which among the following?
(A)1, 2, 3,4
(B)1, 4, 2, 3
(C)1, 3, 4, 2,
(D)1, 2, 4, 3
2. The mean elevation of Antarctica is near which among the following values?
3. The Wakhan Corridor makes a land link between which among the following two neighbors?
(A)Afghanistan & Tajikistan
(B)Afghanistan & Uzbekistan
(C)Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan
(D)Afghanistan & China
4. As per the latest definition by International System of Units, the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine (microwave) levels of the ground state (at 0° K) of which of the following atoms makes one second?
5. BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution developed by C-DAC, Chennai in order to benefit the usage of Free/Open Source Software throughout India. From which among the following GNU/ Linux distributions, BOSS has been derived by National Resource Centre for Free and Open Source Software (NRCFOSS)?
6. Consider the following facts about a pioneer social reformer of Maharastra:
1. He is widely considered to be the first journalist and editor in Marathi Language.
2. He started a weekly Bombay Darpan in 1832 and Digdarshan in 1840
3. His many works include the books in history & math for children
Identify this personality from the given names:
(B)Vishnu Shastri Bapat
(C)Krishna Shahstri Chaplunkar
7. Consider the following Pollution Diseases of Japan:
1. Minamata Disease
Which among the following is the correct set of causing agents of these diseases?
8. Consider the following statements:
1. After death of Raja Rammohun Roy, Debendra nath Tagore had undertaken the job of revitalizing and reorganizing the Brahmo Samaj
2. Debendra nath Tagore had established the Adi Brahmo Samaj for this purpose
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
9. Consider the following:
Which among the above Calcium related abnormalities are related to endocrine system of the body?
(B)1 & 2
(C)1 & 3
(D)All of them
10. In context with the Indian music, Abhang are the devotional songs dedicated to which among the following gods?
11. In terms with the space science, what is a “Goldilocks zone”?
(A)Goldilocks Zone refers to a zone close to a star characterized by very high temperature
(B)Goldilocks Zone refers to a zone which has low temperature due to too much distance from a star
(C)Goldilocks Zone refers to a habitable zone where the temperature is neither too high nor too low
(D)Goldilocks Zone refers to a zone in distant galaxies where a lot of planets seem to revolve around a star
12. Consider the following:
The BrahMos supersonic cruise missile can be launched from which among the above?
(B)1 & 2
(C)1, 2 & 3
(D)All of them
13. Which among the following scientists is known for devising four criteria designed to establish a causal relationship between a causative microbe and a disease?
14. The National Chambal (Gharial) Wildlife Sanctuary, which is one of the large eco-reserves of the country is co administered by which among the following states?
(A)Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh,
(B)Rajasthan & Madhya Pradesh
(C)Madhya Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh
(D)Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh
15. Consider the following states:
The National Aquatic animal ,Ganges River Dolphin (Platanista gangetica gangetica) is found in which among the above states?
(B)Only 1 & 2
(C)Only 1 & 3
(D)All of them
© Suresh Kumar Soni