Major Issues Pertaining to Federal Structure
- To what extent, the idea of Cooperative Federalism undermines the constitutional mandate that India is after all a federal state with strong unitary features? Critically Examine.
- Despite the fact that the constitution of India has not prescribed any educational qualifications to contest for the Parliament and the State Assemblies; various states in India have prescribed minimum qualifications for Panchayat elections. How it affects our grassroot democracy? Discuss while putting Supreme Court observations in light.
- What can be the possible implications of putting water in Union List instead of its current position in State List and contrary to demand to put it in Concurrent List? Discuss.
- "Without dissent, parliamentary system is dysfunctional." In this context, discuss how can B.R. Ambedkar views on parliamentary dissent can help solve the problems being faced by the Indian Parliament in the last few years?
- What are the novel provisions of Indian federal structure that are not found in other federations? Discuss.
- Breakdown of one-party dominance in 1967 resulted in a profound alteration of the political setting of Indian federalism. Explain.
- Analyze the impact of political climate of UPA-I and UPA-II governments on the functioning of centre-state relations. Have there been any substantial changes in the current regime? Discuss.
- Elucidate the major changes India's federal democracy has undergone in last seven decades ?
- What are the major challenges towards reaching to a permanent and efficient dispute resolution mechanism for water allocation in interstate rivers? Critically discuss while keeping in focus recent proposal of a single, permanent Tribunal to adjudicate all inter-state river water disputes.
- Define Cooperative Federalism. What is the role of NITI Aayog in achieving the goal of cooperative federalism?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock