GS-I: Population and Associated Issues
- “Migration, fertility and mortality are the basic fundamental elements determining population growth and demographic structure of a country.” Elucidate.
- “The growing population problem calls for a definite population policy and its effective implementation.”Discuss.
- “India’s national population policies have failed to achieve their objectives as we remain world’s second largest populated country.” What are the shortcomings? Discuss.
- "The recently released religious data in Census 2011 had stripped up a controversy with respect to the growth of the minority population in India."Critically examine the issue.
- What is dependency ratio? Discuss the impacts of falling or rising dependency ratio upon saving and investment rates.
- Review the population policy of the Govt. of India giving the distinguishing features.
- Recent reports and National Family health Surveys have signaled a monumental shift in Indian demographics. Highlighting this shift, Discuss the challenges that it will pose. Also, suggest remedial measures.
- Highlight the fundamental reasons behind the employment problem that India is facing currently. Also, suggest a way forward.
- Highlight the factors behind fast-paced rural to urban migration and discuss the challenges arising out of it, mainly for the economically weaker sections. Also suggest measures to address this issue.
- In the last two decades, the population in the Southern states has stabilised, however it still remains a dream for the northern states. Analyse the reasons behind this trend.
- In light of the global population touching 8 billion people, discuss the opportunities and challenges going ahead.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock