What in your opinion has been the role of KVIC in India in terms of job creation in the last 5 years?
Published: May 18, 2019
PM Modi has brought back Khadi back into vogue. The fabric which was generally seen only in simple shops slipped into the corridors of high-end boutiques.
- The Khadi Industry of India not only came into prominence because of the latter fact but was also instrumental in creating nearly 2.17 million new jobs in the country in the last 5 years due to the following schemes of the government, under the aegis of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Prime Minister of Employment Generation Programme
- Khadi, Kumhaar Sashaktikaran Yojana
- Honey Mission
- In the previous Financial Year, KVIC had successfully generated 70,000 jobs in Jammu and Kashmir as it undertook a special approach by taking on-board personnel from the Indian Army, Ladakh Area Hill Development Council and even local Khadi Institutions. The model served as a game-changer in the Valley.
- To forward it Honey Mission, KVIC had given 2330 bee-boxes in the Kupwara sector of the Valley in collaboration of the Sahyog Program of Indian Army.
- Also, Electric Potter Wheels have been distributed among the potters of Likir, Matho, Saspole, etc. in coordination with the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council.
KVIC has actually forwarded the Gandhian Principles to bring development to the remotest corners of society and taking everyone along on the road to progress.
Model Questions Category: 060 - Economic Growth Development