What are the steps taken by the government to integrate Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy systems with Modern Medicine?
Published: July 1, 2019
The Ministry of Ayush has undertaken following steps to integrate Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy systems with Modern Medicine to increase their acceptability as scientific and reliable alternative system of medicine:
- The Ministry of Ayush under National AYUSH Mission (NAM) is co-locating AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs), thus enabling choice to the patients for different systems of medicine.
- The Ministry of AYUSH in association with Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) is implementing NPCDCS (National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke) for health promotion, prevention and management of Non- communicable diseases or Lifestyle related disorders through its three research organizations, namely, Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) and Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH).
- The Ministry of AYUSH is in the process of upgrading 10% of the Sub- centres as Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) under Ayushman Bharat.
- The initiative of Homoeopathy for Healthy Child developed by CCRH has been integrated with Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK).
- Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS) is conducting special OPD for non- communicable diseases and geriatric population. Patients who are on conventional treatment have significantly reduced the HbA1c levels (diabetic) with the help of Siddha intervention patients and the quality of life of the patients has been improved.
- Nilavembu Kudineer, a Siddha polyherbal formulation has been incorporated into integrative medicine strategy for the prevention and management of Dengue and Chikungunya.
Various initiatives have been undertaken by the Ministry of AYUSH to promote and integrate Indian AYUSH System with modern system for increasing their acceptability as scientific and reliable alternative system of medicine.
Model Questions Category: 048 - Social Sector Services Education Human Resources