18 Model Questions on GS-II: Separation of Powers Dispute Resolution Mechanisms for UPSC Mains Examinations
- In view of the recent critique of the collegium system, comment on the differences between the collegium system and the now-scrapped NJAC system. What is the way ahead for the Indian judiciary?
- While the political decentralization in India has been fairly successful, it faces several hurdles at fiscal and administrative fronts. Comment.
- Enumerate the provisions within the institutional architecture of India to resolve inter-state disputes. Assess their effectiveness.
- Highlight the indispensability of the doctrine of separation of powers for a democracy. Elucidate the principle of ‘checks and balances’ and discuss it in context of India.
- In a right institutional setup, the judicial decision-making is not affected by post-retirement appointments. Comment.
- Explain delegated legislation and administrative adjudication. Also discuss issues associated with them.