20 Model Questions on GS-II: Major Issues Pertaining to Federal Structure for UPSC Mains Examinations
- Comment on the recent criticism of the Enforcement Directorate in India. What can be done to remove its shortcomings?
- Discuss the powers of the Governor with respect to the elected government in states. What are the challenges to the smooth functioning of this system?
- The true federalism can only be achieved in India by adequately empowering third tier of Indian federal structure. Analyse.
- While the political decentralization in India has been fairly successful, it faces several hurdles at fiscal and administrative fronts. Comment.
- Enumerate the provisions within the institutional architecture of India to resolve inter-state disputes. Assess their effectiveness.
- Highlighting the grievances of states towards centrally sponsored scheme, enumerate the steps taken by government to redress them.