The impacts and effects of Globalization can be seen both in ‘Local in Global’ and ‘Global in Local’. Comment.
Globalization means increased interdependence and interactions, due to flow of goods, services, people, capital, ideas across the borders. Globalization is a two-way bridge and has resulted into adaptation of various foreign concepts & export of various Indian concepts to world as well.
Local in Global:
- Promotion of Indian culture, Yoga, Indian traditional medicines like Ayurveda, etc.
- Promotion of Indian religious philosophies, spiritualism and movements like ISKCON across the globe.
- Dresses and outfits like Kurta, Saari, have been adopted in various countries.
- Celebration of Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi in western countries.
- Promotion of Indian foods like vegetarian centric dishes (environmental consciousness).
Global in Local:
- Celebration of new festivals, like New Year, Valentine’s Day in India.
- Hybridization of music, language, cultures. E.g. Punjabi hip hop music, increased used of HINGLISH, fusion of western and classical dances, western dressing styles.
- Mcdonaldization of food habits. E.g. Burger, Pizza, etc.
- Rise of consumerism in India.
- Access to Hollywood movies through streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
Thus, Globalization interaction with local has created ‘Glocalization’.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|