Discuss the potential of “Integrated Law Enforcement Centres” and “Smart walls” on India’s border areas to address the prevailing security challenges.
India has a very long border and poses several security threats due to the presence of hostile neighbours like Pakistan & China. It is essential to neutralize these threats to ensure safety and trade across borders.
Potential of Integrated Law Enforcement Centres:
- Such integrated check posts have been established by India at the border with Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Myanmar.
- They can help to tackle all the regulatory issues including trade, migration, crime, etc.
- It eliminates the need to deploy multiple personnel for different law enforcement.
- Unified personnel can be more effective in dealing with inter-connected issues.
Potential of Smart Walls:
- India has deployed smart walls through a comprehensive integrated border management system along borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- These smart walls integrate land, water, air, and underground surveillance.
- It further uses multiple technologies like laser, sonar, radar, etc in addition to manual surveillance.
Such innovative steps can go a long way in making India’s border more secure and border communities safer.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|