World Investor Week 2021
Stock exchanges, BSE and NSE launched the celebrations of globally popular event “World Investor Week 2021”. Under the event, they will conduct several educational activities.
Central Depository Services (India) Ltd (CDSL) is also celebrating the World Investor Week (WIW). during November 21-28, 2021 under the aegis of SEBI and International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO).
World Investor Week (WIW)
- WIW is a week-long global celebration, which is promoted by the IOSCO.
- It is observed to raise awareness on the importance of investor education and protection across India.
- During the week-long celebrations, market infrastructure institutions (MIIs) like stock exchanges, clearing corporations and depositories will conducts educational activities.
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) took part in ‘Ring the Bell for Financial Literacy’ with the objective of raising awareness on importance of investor education and protection.
- The week also highlight several initiatives of securities regulators across these two critical areas.
- NSE rang the closing bell, as part of this initiative, to mark the beginning of WIW 2021.
- During this week, NSE will conduct more than 600 events such as physical and digital mediums.
- During the event, focused awareness sessions will also be conducted, along with trading members for new investors in securities markets in past two years.
- Event will also be amplified on digital platform of NSE, for investor education.
Events announced by BSE’s Investor Protection Fund (IPF)
Key events include:
- Launch of a market simulation package
- Simulation module created for teaching students or investors
- Mechanics of trading, settlement, margining, and a certificate programme based on capital market for college students.
Topics: BSE's Investor Protection Fund (IPF) • International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). • National Stock Exchange of India • Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) • World Investor Week 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|