World Economic Forum 2022- Key Facts
The annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland is scheduled from May 22nd to 26th 2022. The meeting was originally scheduled for January 17-21st but was postponed due to the outbreak of the Omicron variant.
What are the focus areas of the WEF meeting?
The following topics will be focused on at the WEF meeting:
- Pandemic recovery
- Tackling climate change
- Building a better future for work
- Accelerating stakeholder capitalism
- Harnessing the technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Who will participate in the WEF meeting?
Around 2,500 world leaders from business, politics, and civil society will take part in the meeting, which will be held in Switzerland’s luxury Alpine ski resort of Davos for five days. The meeting provides the leaders from all over the world an opportunity to take stock of the world’s situation and shape policies for the future.
Who are attending the meeting from India?
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas will attend the event on Energy Outlook: Overcoming the Crisis
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, CM of Andhra Pradesh, will attend the event on Future-proofing Health Systems
- Aaditya Thackeray, Tourism Minister of Maharashtra will attend Forum Initiative Briefing – Global Plastic Action Partnership event, and Embracing Climate Adaptation Action event
- KT Rama Rao, Information Technology Minister of Telangana will attend the event on AI on the Street: Managing Trust in the Public Square.
What is the theme of the WEF meeting in 2022?
The theme for WEF annual Meeting 2022 is ‘working Together, restoring Trust’. This year’s WEF meeting will be the first global in-person leadership event since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2022
Category: Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|