World Athletics Rankings 2021: Neeraj ranked at 2
Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra has finished at number 2 rank in the World Athletics ranking after securing Gold Medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- Neeraj Chopra has been ranked second with his score of 1315.
- He is only behind German athlete Johannes Vetter who is having the score of 1396.
Chopra at Tokyo Olympics
- Neeraj Chopra created history on August 7, 2021 by winning Gold Medal.
- He has become India’s first athlete to win gold in track and field at Olympics.
- He threw the javelin to a distance of 87.58m.
- World Athletics has listed his throw at the Olympics has now been listed as one among 10 magical moments of athletics (track and field) in the Tokyo Olympics.
- Following his win, Neeraj has also become the most followed track & field athlete in the world with number of followers on Instagram at 3.2 million.
He is an Indian track and field athlete, competing in the javelin throw. He is the Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) in the Indian Army. He has become the first track and field athlete to win a gold medal at the Olympics. He is also the first track and field athlete who won IAAF World U20 Championships. In 2016, he achieved under-20 world record of 86.48 m. He is one among two Indians to have won an individual Olympic gold medal as of 2021. Other gold medalist being Abhinav Bindra. He has also become the youngest-ever Indian gold medalist in the individual event and the first to won gold in his Olympic debut.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|