WhatsApp SMB Saathi Utsav
On June 8, 2022, WhatsApp India launched an initiative called “SMBSaathi Utsav”.
About SMBSaathi Utsav Initiative
- WhatsApp SMB Saathi Utsav is an initiative, launched with the aim of supporting small businesses.
- Initiative will help them in adopting digital mediums like WhatsApp Business App to run their business.
- SMBSaathi Utsav project was launched in Jaipur’s Johri Bazaar and Bapu Bazaar. In these bazaars, more than 500 small businesses are being trained on multiple aspects of running their business online.
- Under the training, business owners will be educated regarding building a digital presence on WhatsApp Business App, which will help in managing the incoming leads and queries in in a better manner.
- The initiative was launched in association with the Josh Talks.
- It seeks to educate and help small businesses in unlocking the potential of their business by means of WhatsApp.
- SMBSaathi Utsav is the second phase of SMBSaathi campaign.
MSMEs in India
India is home to around 6.3 Cr MSMEs, that accounts for 30% India’s GDP. It employs more than 110 million people at present. These businesses were affected during covid-19, and witnessed a decline of 20-50% in their overall earnings due to lack of market access. Thus, WhatsApp launched the SMBSaathi initiative to help them in reviving their businesses.
WhatsApp was founded in 2009. Will Cathcart is the CEO of the App. The company is headquartered in Menlo Park of California in United States. It was founded on February 19, 2014. Jan Koum and Brian Acton are the founder of this app. Facebook is the parent organization of WhatsApp.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|