West Bengal: 11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ inaugurated
The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, inaugurated the 11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ on February 14, 2021.
- The event was inaugurated in the presence of Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- It was inaugurated at Cooch Behar Palace in West Bengal.
- Ten editions of the festival have successfully been organised ever since the festival was started in November, 2015.
- These 10 editions were organised in Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Tawang, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tehri and Madhya Pradesh.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- It is a flagship festival of the Ministry of culture and tourism.
- The event is organized since 2015.
- It witnesses the active participation of Seven Zonal Culture Centres.
- These zonal centres play a key role in taking the vibrant culture of India to the masses rather than confining it to auditoria and galleries.
- This festival showcases the folk and tribal art, music, dance, cuisines and culture of one state in other states.
- Thus, it helps in reinforcing the goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”.
- It also provided an effective platform for the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.
The year 2021 is witnessing the eleventh edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav. The festival is being held in between 14th to 28th February, 2021 in West Bengal. It will be organised at Cooch Behar in between 14th to 16th February, 2021, at Darjeeling in between 22nd to 24th February, 2021 while at Murshidabad in between 27th to 28th February, 2021. This edition is significant in the light of COVID Pandemic that has severely impacted the cultural sector. Through this event support and assistance will be provided to the artists by the ministry of culture.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|