Union Government to launch Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
Union Government is going to launch Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) scheme for providing physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
It is the first-of-its-kind Central Sector Scheme (CCS) in India, to be fully funded by the Central Government. It is expected to benefit 5,20,000 Senior Citizens.
- The scheme will be distribute free of cost physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- It will be implemented through the sole implementing agency ‘Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), a PSU under Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The eligible elderly beneficiary will get devices such as walking sticks, elbow crutches, walkers/crutches, tripods/qadpods, hearing aids, wheelchair, aificial Dentures and Spectacles.
- The devices will help the Senior Citizens to overcome their age related physical impairment and to lead a dignified and productive life with minimal dependence on care givers or other members of the family.
- Beneficiaries will be identified by the State Governments/UTs through a Committee chaired by the Deputy Commissioner/District Collector.
- The Committee can utilize the data of BPL beneficiaries receiving Old Age Pension under the NSAP or any other Scheme of the State/UTs for identification of senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
As per the Census of 2011, there are 10.38 crore senior citizens in the country and 5.2% of them suffer from some sort of old age-related disability. It is projected that the number of senior citizens will increase to around 173 million by 2026.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|