Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations
Union Government has approved the continuation of “Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)”, to strengthen its support for sports in India.
Continuation of scheme has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 1575 crore for 2021-22 to 2025-26, that is XV Finance Commission Cycle.
Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs)
Scheme of Assistance to NSFs is the flagship Central Sector Scheme. It is a main source of funding to prepare national teams for all major national and international competitions, including Asian Games, Para Asian Games, Olympic Games, Para-Olympics, Commonwealth Games (CWG) and other major international tournaments.
How will this outlay be used?
- Outlay in the cycle will be extended to NSFs for training of national teams for national and international competitions during 2022-2026, specifically for Commonwealth & Asian Games 2022, Olympics & Paralympics 2024 and Asian & Commonwealth Games 2026.
- Financial support was extended by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports through this Scheme.
- It will be used by NSFs for:
- Conducting national coaching camps
- Providing training of international standards to athletes
- Procuring sports equipment and consumables
- Conducting data analysis on performance of athletes
- Providing sports science support
- Providing recovery and rehabilitation to athletes with injury
- Engaging foreign coaches and high-performance directors
- Setting up a professional administrative system within NSFs.
- It will also help in improving bench strength of Indian athletes through a strong talent identification.
India’s Medal Tally
In Tokyo Olympics 2020, India won 7 medals, in 6 separate disciplines. It was the highest Olympic medal tally for India. In Tokyo Paralympics 2020, India won 19 medals. In CWG 2018, India got 66 medals while in Asian games it won 69 medals. India won 72 medals in Para Asian Games 2018, highest ever tally at Asian Para Games. In a highest ever tally, India won 13 medals in Youth Olympics Games 2018.
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|