‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ initiatives
‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ are the initiatives to tackle the issue of plastic waste in India.
About the initiatives
- ‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ initiatives were launched by Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, at the International Summit on Plastics Recycling and Waste Management.
- These initiatives aim to encourage young entrepreneurs, especially from the aspirational districts of India.
About International Summit on Plastics Recycling and Waste Management
- It is a 2-day summit (4th – 5th March 2022), inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma.
- This summit is being organized in New Delhi by the MSME Ministry in association with the All India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA).
- This motto of the summit is “Know your Waste and how Recycling is the right thing to do, which is to be done in a right way”. Around 1350 MSMEs are expected to attend the summit, which is being conducted in hybrid mode.
- This summit provides a platform for entrepreneurs, experts, businessmen, and other stakeholders to deliberate challenges and solutions in the MSME sector and plastics sectors.
- It will also create new livelihood and business opportunities in the plastics sector, at the same time helping India tackle the issue of plastic pollution and meet environmental goals.
Thus, the ‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ initiatives and the summit will have multiple benefits i.e. formalizing the informal waste sector, job creation in the MSME sector, and reduction in plastic waste.
Category: Environment Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|