Rajasthan International Folk Festival
The 13th edition of the Rajasthan International Folk Festival was organized from October 6 to 10 this year.
- The Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF) was organized at the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur after two years of hiatus caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is a mixture of performances by both Indian and international artists with diverse linguistic, racial and national backgrounds.
- During this year’s event, over 250 artists from 7 Indian states and 8 foreign countries (Mexico, Ireland, Wales, Netherlands, Mauritius, Brazil, Israel and Turkey) showcased their talent.
- This year’s key highlight is the “Citadels of the Sun” – a Rajasthani-Irish collaboration that was commissioned by Jodhpur RIFF and Ireland’s Earagail Arts Festival. The newly commissioned music was performed at the two historic forts – Grianan of Aileach fort in Ireland and Mehrangarh Fort.
- The event also featured performance by Turkey’s Yurdal Tokcan – a popular oud player.
The event was first organized in October 2007 as a not-for-profit partnership between Jaipur Virasat Foundation and Mehrangarh Museum Trust. It coincides with Sharad Purnima – the brightest full moon of the year. Its chief patron is HH Gaj Singh – who became the Maharaja of Jodhpur in 1952 and later served as the member of the Indian Parliament and High Commissioner of India. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) recognizes this event as “People’s Platform for Creativity and Sustainable Development”.
About Mehrangarh Fort
Mehrangarh Fort is a 15th century fort built by Rao Jodha Rathore, who reigned Mandore in the present-day Rajasthan. The name “Mehrangarh” means “fort of the sun”. It is designated as a National Geographical Monument since the rocky outcrop atop which the fort stands, known as Jodhpur Group-Malani Igneous Suite Contact, represents the last phase of igneous activity of the Precambrian period – the earliest part of the Earth’s geological history prior to the current geological eon of Phanerozoic Eon.
Who is the international patron of Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF)?
Mick Jagger – the lead vocalist of the famous English rock band Rolling Stones – is the international patron of Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF).
Who is the chief patron of the Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF)?
Maharaja Gaj Singh II of Marwar-Jodhpur
In which fort is Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF) organized?
Mehrangarh Fort in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur.
When was Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF) 2022 organized?
October 6 to 10
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|