On 30th March Rajasthan Foundation Day or Rajasthan Diwas is observed to commemorate the state’s formation. On 30th March 1949, Rajasthan was formed after the merging of Rajputana into the Indian Union.
- The 73rd foundation day of Rajasthan is being celebrated on Rajasthan Day 2022.
- The largest state by area in India is Rajasthan and it is located in the country’s northwest part.
- 4 percent of the country’s geographical area is covered by Rajasthan.
- This state is home to a huge cultural diversity.
- Jaipur is the capital of this State.
- Rajasthan is India’s seventh-largest state by population.
- Thar Desert, also known as the Great Indian Desert is a prominent part of Rajasthan.
- Jaipur is its largest city and other major cities are Jodhpur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Kota, and Ajmer.
- The state has three national tiger reserves which are Ranthambore National Park (Sawai Madhopur), Sariska Tiger Reserve (Alwar), and Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve (Kota).
Border States of Rajasthan
Five Indian states border Rajasthan. They are Haryana and Uttar Pradesh to the northeast, Punjab to the north, Madhya Pradesh to the southeast, and Gujarat to the southwest. The state also shares a border with Pakistan’s Punjab and Sindh provinces.
What is Rajasthan also known as?
It is also known as the Land of Kings.
What is Rajasthan’s old name?
Rajputana is the old name of this state. This name was given by the British Raj.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|