Quick Fact Sheet : National Security Guards
Guest Post by : Sandeep Jogula, [Civil Service Aspirant]
- Neutralization of terrorist threats.
- Handling hijacking situations in air and on land.
- Bomb disposal (search, detection and neutralization of IEDs).
- PBI (Post Blast Investigation).
- Engaging and neutralizing terrorists in specific situations.
- Rescue of hostages.
NSG Training Center – Manesar in Haryana NSG Head Quarters – Palam, Delhi
SRG – Special Rangers Group, for protection of VIPs
SAG – Special Action Group, for anti-terrorist & anti-hijack operations
NSG Operations till now:
Operation Blue Star
Suppressed Sikh separatist terrorist attacks at Golden Temple.
Operation Black Thunder II
Suppressed terrorist attacks at Golden Temple.
Rescued Hijacked Indian Air Lines Boeing 727
Suppressed terrorist attacks at Akshardham temple, Ahmadabad.
Operation Black Tornado / Operation Cyclone
Suppressed 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- Formation – 1984
- Created under – National Security Guard Act of the Indian Parliament in 1986.
- Operates under – the oversight of the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Headed by – the Director General of the Indian Police Service (IPS).
- Recruitment – by the Paramilitary forces of India and the Indian Armed Forces.
- Also Known as – Black Cats.
Topics: Counter-terrorism • Indian films • Islamic terrorism in India • Keerthi Chakra • Law enforcement in India • Military • Mumbai attacks • National Security Guard • Para • Prevention • Safety • Special forces of India
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|