President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards Conferred
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards at New Delhi.
Presidential Award of Certificate
- The award of the Certificate of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
- It was extended to cover Pali/Prakrit in the year 1996.
- Further, the award was extended to cover languages of Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Tamil and Classical Malayalam
- The award is conferred in recognition of the outstanding contribution of various scholars of eminence over 60 years of age.
Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards
- Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Sammandistinction is conferred on persons in recognition of their substantial contribution in the field of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu and Classical Malayalam.
- The award was introduced in the year 2002.
- The award is given to selected young scholars in the age group of 30 to 45 years.
- The Presidential award carries a certificate of honour, a memento and a one-time cash prize of Rs.1 lakh.
Both the awards are conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: Arabic • Certificate of Honour • Kannada • Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Award • Malayalam • Ministry of Human Resources and Development • Odiya • Pali • Persian • Prakrit • Sanskrit • Tamil • Telugu
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|