PM to attend Abhidhamma Day programme at U.P
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, is set to visit Uttar Pradesh on October 20, 2021 to attend Abhidhamma Day Programme.
- On the occasion, Prime Minister will inaugurate the Kushinagar International Airport.
- After this launch, he will participate in an event at Mahaparinirvana Temple, marking Abhidhamma Day.
- Thereafter, he will be attending a public function for inaugurating and laying foundation stone of several development projects in Kushinagar.
Kushinagar International Airport
- The inauguration of Kushinagar International Airport will be marked by landing of first flight at the airport from Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The flight will carry Sri Lankan delegation comprising of more than hundred Buddhist Monks & dignitaries. Among them, a 12-member Holy Relic entourage will bring Holy Buddha Relics for Exposition.
- Delegation also include Anunayakas (deputy heads) from all four Nikatas (orders) of Buddhism in Sri Lanka namely, Asgiriya, Amarapura, Ramanya and Malwatta.
- Five ministers of the Sri Lankan government will also take part in the event. They will be led by Cabinet Minister Namal Rajapakshe.
Services provided by Airport
This airport has been built at the estimated cost of Rs. 260 crores. It will be facilitating domestic as well as international pilgrims to visit the Mahaparinirvana sthal of Lord Buddha. Inauguration of the airport is an attempt of connecting Buddhist pilgrimage holy sites from across the world. Airport will serve the adjoining districts of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. It is an important step of boosting investment & employment opportunities in this region.
Abhidhamma Day symbolises the end of three-month rainy retreat called “Varshavaas or Vassa”. This rainy retreat is observed by the Buddhist Monks. During this period, monks stay at one place in vihara & monastery for offering prayer.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|