PM Modi to participate in outreach session of G7 Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in outreach sessions of UK led G7 virtual summit in Cornwall in June 2021.
More in news
- PM Modi is expected to join G7 summit on 12 and 13 June. This is the second time that Indian Prime Minister will participate in G7 meet.
- India was invited by G7 French Presidency in 2019 to Biarritz Summit as a “Goodwill Partner”.
- In 2019, PM Modi had participated in sessions on “Climate, Biodiversity & Oceans” and “Digital Transformation”.
- India, Australia and South Korea are other special invitees for the G-7 Summit 2021.
- Guest leaders will also be invited to take part in certain sessions of Group of Seven meeting which will be presided by UK. The session will be made up of Canada, Italy, US, France, Germany, Japan and European Union (EU).
G7 summit 2021
This will be the 47th G7 summit. It is scheduled for June 11 to June 13, 2021 in United Kingdom which also holds presidency of the G7 this year. Leaders of seven G7 member states and representatives of European Union will participate in the summit. President of European Commission has been a permanently welcome participant for all G7 meetings and decision-making since 1981. 47th G7 Summit will be the first summit for Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi and U.S. President Joe Biden.
G7 comprises of Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, UK and US.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: International / World Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|