PM Modi to address industry on Partnership for Self-Reliance
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the industry on August 11, 2021 on the topic of government and businesses working together for a self-reliant India.
- PM will speak on the theme ‘India at 75: government and business working together for Aatmanirbhar Bharat,’ via video conferencing.
- The two-day annual meeting of the industry body (Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)) will start on August 11, 2021.
- Theme of Modi’s address is the guiding principle for India to overcome the devastating impact of the second wave of coronavirus pandemic.
- Union government, in its FY22 union budget, articulated a policy to calibrate its import policies and tariffs in order to encourage more value addition to local economy and to discourage import of finished products.
- Apart from that, global manufacturers are being encouraged to set up factories in India by means of production incentives.
- As per Government expectations, a strong push to manufacturing and infrastructure creation will help in stimulating economy as capital spending will have a multiplier effect.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
CII is a not-for-profit, non-government, industry-led and industry-managed organisation comprising of 9000 members from private and public sectors, SME and MNCs. It also comprises of 300000 indirect memberships of enterprises from 294 national & regional sectoral industry bodies. It is working for more than 125 years to create and sustain an environment conducive towards development in India.
Functions of CII
CII charts change by working in association with the Government on policy issues. It also interfaces with thought leaders, and works towards enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and business opportunities for industry by means of specialized services and strategic global linkages.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|