“Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan”: Sports Ministry apportions Rs 77 crore
The Sports Ministry granted Rs 77 crore to 26 states for organizing annual sports competitions under the Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) scheme. The states include Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. The Scheme has so far covered around 52,000 village panchayats and more than 1,500 block panchayats.
- To develop playfields at block, district, state and national levels
- To conduct Yearly sports competitions at block, district, state and national levels
- A rural sports go-ahead introduced by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt of India to promote youth and social development via sports.\
- Launched on 1 April 2008
- 3 decision making bodies of PYKKA and their respective heads
- General Council – Union Sports Minister of the Government of India
- Executive Committee – Secretary of Sports, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Mission Directorate – Joint Secretary of Sports, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports
- A Central Government sponsored scheme and it is implemented by State and Union Territory administrations.
- Union Govt : State Government = 90 : 10 (For North Eastern States)
- Union Govt : State Government = 75 : 25 (For Rest of India)
- PYKKA furnishes funds for the development and maintenance of sports grounds in villages and block panchayats.
- For several sporting disciplines, PYKKA alleviates the conduct of district-state and national level competitions.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2012
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|