‘Padhe Bharat’ Campaign
On January 1, 2022, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched a 100-day Reading Campaign called ‘Padhe Bharat’.
- Padhe Bharat Campaign was launched to improve learning levels of students.
- It marks a significant step to improve learning levels because it develops creativity, critical thinking, vocabulary as well as ability to express in writing & verbal forms.
- It will help children in relating to their surroundings and real-life situation.
Which Children will be covered under the campaign?
Children studying in Balvatika to class 8 will be covered under the campaign.
How long the campaign will run?
Padhe Bharat campaign started on January 1, 2022. It will be organised for 100 days or 14 weeks. It will conclude on April 10, 2022.
Aim of the campaign
The campaign was launched with the aim of including the participation of all stakeholders at national as well as state level including children, educational administrators, teachers, parents, community, etc.
Activities under the campaign
- Under the 100 days campaign, one activity has been designed per week per group, with the objective of making reading enjoyable and building a lifelong association with joy of reading.
- Ministry has prepared a comprehensive guideline on Reading Campaign as well as age-appropriate weekly calendar of activities. All the guidelines have been shared states and union territories.
Foundational Literacy & Numeracy Mission
Reading campaign has also been aligned with goals and vision of “foundational Literacy and Numeracy mission”.
Focus on Indian Languages
The campaign will also focus on Indian languages like mother tongue, local language or regional languages. In line with this goal, the campaign has also been integrated with the “International Mother Tongue Day” which is observed on February 21. The day will be celebrated with “Kahani Padho Apni Bhasa Main” activity in India, by encouraging children to read in their mother tongue or local language.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|