Odisha’s School Transformation Programme-Key Facts
Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, inaugurated 130 reconstructed schools as a part of school transformation programme on November 16, 2021.
- Schools were inaugurated on the fourth day of ‘school transformation programme’.
- 7 schools inaugurated in Nuapada, 25 in Sambalpur, 83 in Ganjam, 7 in Rayagada, 8 in Nayagarh and 7 in Rayagada.
- In all, 351 transformed schools have been inaugurated in the state.
Why were these schools inaugurated?
- The school transformation programme was launched with the objective of creating an atmosphere to bring competitive attitude among students, for excellence in studies.
- This programme also seeks to inculcate qualities like- excellence in music, sports or studies as well as in ever-expanding field of technology.
High Schools in Odisha
Odisha had a few High Schools, by the turn of 20th century. In 1851, Zila School at Cuttack started in 1851. Zila Schools in Balasore and Puri were established in 1853. Zila Schools in Sambalpur Zila started operating in 1858. By now, there are around 4630 Government High Schools in Odisha, accounting for 60% of the total number of High Schools in the state.
Government’s reform agenda
Government have become active on reform agenda. It recently started “Adarsh Vidyalaya (Model School) initiative. Under this initiative, High Schools will provide a unique opportunity to the meritorious students in rural Odisha to avail all facilities provided in expensive private schools. These schools will offer 25,000 students every year for school final examination. Schools have adopted CBSE syllabus and English as the medium of instruction. The schools have infrastructure and facilities similar to standard available in Kendriya Vidyalaya.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|