NITI Aayog Governing Council Meeting- Highlights
On August 7, 2022 7th Governing Council meeting was held at Rashtrapati Bhawan Cultural Centre in New Delhi. It was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was the first in-person meeting of the council since July 2019.
Agenda of the NITI Aayog meeting were;
- To achieve self-sufficiency in pulses, oilseeds & other agri-communities.
- Issues of crop diversification and National Education Policy were also discussed, besides the Urban Governance.
- States’ interventions were moderated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar gave presentation on India’s G20 presidency from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023.
- Discussions on ‘ongoing controversy related to freebies’ could not held.
- Many states raised concerns on Minimum support price for farmers, review of GST, shortage of IAS officers, and increased allocation of funds for states.
- NITI Aayog will increase its outreach to states on how it could collaborate with them further.
- They discussed on how to lower down dependence imported edible oils, from 50 % to 25% in coming years.
During the meeting, PM Modi note that, every state played a significant role in fight against Covid-19. India’s federal structure and cooperative federalism have become a model for the world during covid pandemic.
NITI Aayog’s Governing Council:
Members of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog include-
- Prime Minister of India
- Chief Ministers of all States and Union Territories with legislature
- Ex-Officio Members
- Lt Governors of Union Territories
- Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog
- Full-Time Members of NITI Aayog and
- Special Invitees.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|