Ajay Kumar Sood : New Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to the Indian Government
Ajay Kumar Sood, an eminent physicist has been appointed as the central government’s principal scientific advisor (PSA).
- He is a member of the Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council to the prime minister.
- He has been appointed to the post for a three-year period.
- He is known for his work on graphene. Also, he is a physics professor at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- The appointment has been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- He will be succeeding renowned biologist K VijayRaghavan.
- In 2018, K VijayRaghavan was appointed as the PSA. He played a crucial role in leading the vaccine and the drug development task forces as well as the management of the pandemic. In 2021, his term ended but he was given an extension.
Aim of the PSA’s office
The PSA’s office has the aim of providing objective and pragmatic advice to the cabinet as well as the prime minister on matters that are related to the fields of technology, science, and innovation with a special focus on the application of technology and science in economic and social sectors and critical infrastructure in cooperation with the various government departments, industries, and institutions.
Category: Persons in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|