National Conclave on Social Enterprises for Garbage Free Cities
On 3rd March 2022, a National conclave on Social Enterprises for Garbage Free Cities: Encouraging Women Entrepreneurs in Waste management in Raipur is being organized by the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 which falls under the ambit of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), in collaboration with the Chhattisgarh government.
- As part of the Mission’s capacity-building initiatives, this event will serve as a platform for peer learning for Urban Local Bodies (ULBs)and States on various decentralised and centralised waste management practices.
- The “National Capacity Building Framework for Garbage Free Cities” under SBM-Urban 2.0, will also be launched during this event. This framework will help build stakeholders’ capabilities to strengthen the urban sanitation sector of the nation.
- Representatives from 17 States and ULBs are expected to be participating in this event.
- The event will begin with the participants and NCC cadets participating in an on-ground cleanliness drive on the banks of the Mahanadi river.
- The participants will also be visiting the Solid Liquid Resource Management (SLRM) Centre at Patan. Household waste is collected and brought to the SLRM centre, where inorganic (dry/non-biodegradable) parts are further divided into numerous subcategories for recycling, processing, and value recovery.
- Participants will sort some of the dry waste into further fractions so as to sensitize them about the necessity of multiple sorting and segregation for ease of subsequent disposal and maximum waste value recovery.
- The participants will also visit a vermicomposting centre and the Integrated Solid Waste Management facility in Raipur and they will be shown the scientific, value-added processing of segregated wet waste to compost.
- In this event, there will be presentations on different women-led waste management initiatives from across the nation.
- A fireside chat between a Swachh Bharat ambassador and Chhattisgarh’s Swachhata didis will showcase the achievements of women champions in Chhattisgarh who are working diligently to alter the State’s urban landscape will be showcased in this event.
- The theme song “Swachhata Jaari Hai” will also be launched.
- This event will also be webcast live on various social media platforms and online channels so that cities can participate virtually.
About Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban 2.0
The Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 was launched on October 1st 2021, with the goal of achieving Garbage Free Cities. The implementation of this mission is being done under the principles of circular economy and waste from wealth for maximising the recovery of resources. The Mission is focusing on developing an eco-system for opening up entrepreneurial opportunities in the sanitation sector through social enterprise growth, particularly among the economically disadvantaged and integrating women empowerment.
Topics: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs • National Capacity Building Framework for Garbage Free Cities • National Conclave on Social Enterprises for Garbage Free Cities • SBM-Urban 2.0 • Swachh Bharat • Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|