National Award For E-Governance
National Award for e-Governance 2020-21 (Silver) was recently conferred to Mon District Administration of Nagaland.
- Award was presented at 24th National Conference on e-Governance at Hyderabad.
- Award was handed over to Deputy Commissioner of Mon district, Thavasselan K, by union Minister of State (MoS) Dr. Jitendra Singh.
Objective of the award
The National Award for e-Governance was presented under the category 6 of “Use of ICT in the Management of Covid-19” to Mon district. It was aimed at recognizing the initiatives undertaken by district administration.
Which project was selected for the award?
Project titled “Technology in Aid to Administration” was initiated in Mon district, for mitigating the hardships caused to public while enforcing Covid-19 Appropriate Behaviour (CAB) to restrict the spread of infections. This project is helping in reducing hardship of people, keeping people safe from Covid and increasing effectiveness of administration.
Other entries for the award
A total of 231 entries were received from India in this category. But only two districts were awarded. There were 1377 entries, with top 26 initiatives awarded across six different categories.
National Award for e-Governance
National Award for e-Governance is presented to recognise and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives. It is presented during the National conference on e-Governance. It is presented by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG). The National Award for e-Governance was announced in December 2021. It comprises of a trophy, certificate, and cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh
Objectives of the award
The National Award for e-Governance is presented with following objectives:
- To recognize achievements in e-Governance area.
- To raise knowledge on effective methods to design and implement sustainable e-Governance initiatives.
- To encourage incremental innovations in e-Governance solutions
- To promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks and planning for success.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|