MyParkings app- Highlights
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Thakur, launched the ‘MyParkings’ app on October 14, 2021.
- MyParkings App is a first-of-its-kind initiative.
- On this app, people can book parking slots online in areas which are under the jurisdiction of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
About MyParkings App
- This app was launched with the aim of tackling the issue of congestion of vehicle parking.
- App will inform about total capacity of vehicles which can be parked, used spaces as well as space available for parking in each of the parking site.
Who developed the app?
- App has been developed by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL).
- BECIL is the implementing agency of the app-based smart parking system under the jurisdiction of SDMC.
- BECIL will bear the entire cost of development and maintenance of the app. It will also bear capital cost of the server as well as its allied hardware and software.
Significance of the app
Introduction of the ‘MyParking App’ will ease the process of booking parking slots because through this app citizen will be able to know the availability of slots remotely. Thus, this mobile app will provide a new parking experience for citizens of Delhi. This Smart Parking app is having cashless and paperless transaction mode, which in turn will save tonnes of paper on a daily basis.
Integration with other apps
Newly launched App will also be integrated with FASTag, Vahan App, E-Challan and more such initiatives. BECIL will also run a dedicated call centre as a customer care unit for the citizens in order to address their queries and issues related to the app.
Parking sited under SDMC Jurisdiction
SDMC operates 145 surface parking sites across all if its four zones. It also operates six multi-level parking sites as well as two automated parking sites.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|