MoU signed for welfare of Handicraft Artisans belonging to Scheduled Castes
The Union Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment have signed MoU to step up interventions for the welfare and economic development of scheduled caste artisans.
The MoU was signed between Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC), a CPSU under Ministry of Social Justice.
The MoU aims for
- Continuous and extensive collaboration between NSFDC and Office of DC (Handicrafts).
- Assessment and gap identification through popularising various schemes by holding awareness camps.
- Extensive skill upgradation in the identified clusters having dominant presence of SC artisans, in the field of innovative and market-friendly designs and adoption of modern tools and techniques
- Enhancing participation of SC artisans and their producer groups in domestic and international marketing events.
- Providing working capital credit for SC artisans at concessional rates, by combining benefits provided by both ministers.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|