MoHUA NIPUN Initiative
An Innovative project called “National Initiative for Promoting Upskilling of Nirman workers (NIPUN) was launched on June 20, 2022 by Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri.
About NIPUN Initiative
- The NIPUN Initiative was launched for skill training of 100,000 construction workers.
- It has been launched under the flagship scheme of “Deendayal Antyodaya-Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)”.
- Under the scheme, construction workers will be trained through fresh skilling and upskilling programs. This move will provide work opportunities to them in foreign countries also.
Which organisation will implement the project?
The NIPUN Project will be implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), which is the nodal agency under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The agency would be responsible for overall execution of training, candidate tracking and monitoring.
Three parts of NIPUN project
Implementation of NIPUN project has been divided into three parts:
- Training by means of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at construction sites
- Training through Fresh skilling by Plumbing and Infrastructure SSC
- International Placement through builders, industries, and contractors.
Onsite Skill Training
Under the RPL certification, onsite skill training will be provided to around 80,000 construction workers through industry associations. The certification will be co-branded with MoHUA. Around 14,000 candidates will receive fresh skilling through infrastructure Sector Skill Council (SSC) and Plumbing in trades having promising placement potentials.
Significance of the initiative
- Through the NIPUN initiative, the spirit of entrepreneurship has been encouraged and supported by providing access to self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities to the urban workers.
- This initiative would help in creating a future labour force for construction industry, which in turn will propel innovation and large-scale development across India.
- It will facilitate and support convergence with other related ministries.
Insurance cover for trainees
The NIPUN Project will provide trainees with ‘Kaushal Bhima’, 3-year accidental insurance with coverage of Rs 2 lakhs, digital skills like BHIM app and cashless transactions, orientation regarding entrepreneurship, and EPF and BOCW facilities.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|