LS Speaker inaugurates Parliamentary Outreach Programme
Lok Sabha speaker, Om Birla, inaugurated a parliamentary outreach programme to empower Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Programme was inaugurated at Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre in Srinagar.
- Now, arrangements will be by Lok Sabha secretariat to conduct capacity-building programmes for representatives of PRIs in the UT.
- Empowered panchayats under the programme will help in making democracy stronger and increase confidence of people.
Parliamentary Outreach Programme
Parliamentary Outreach Programme for Empowerment of PRIs is a unique initiative of Lok Sabha Speaker, Om Birla. This is a first of its kind Programme that seeks to strengthen the institution of governance and planning at the grass-root level.
Editions of the programme
- First Edition: First ever outreach programme was organized at Dehradun, in Uttarakhand on January 8, 2021. It was physically attended by 445 Panchayat representatives while 40,000 Panchayat representatives & officials were connected online via web link.
- Second Edition: It was organized at Shillong in February, 2021 for Meghalaya and other North Eastern States. About 115 members of the local bodies of North Eastern States physically.
- Third Edition: it was organized for the grass root level institutions in the Union Territory of Ladakh on August 27, 2021. Representatives from 195 number of Panchayat attended the programme.
- Fourth Edition: Organized in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir on August 31, 2021 at Srinagar, under the theme of “Parliamentary Outreach Programme for the Empowerment of the Panchayati Raj Institutions”.
Objectives of the Programme
Key objectives of the Programme include:
- To create mass awareness or mass participation.
- To create self-confidence and self-respect for the ground level leaders.
- To creation a sense of ownership of the created assets.
- To boost the ambitions for grass root political leaders for democratic values
- To create awareness about several schemes and doorstep delivery.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|