Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana: Guidelines issued
The Ministry of Culture has issued guidelines to conduct cultural events under the central sector scheme “Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana”.
The guidelines will benefit artists and institutions by providing alternative services through digital platforms. Also, the Ministry has granted permission to conduct events on virtual mode.
The Utilization Certificate must be submitted. The statement of performance or targets fixed and achieved should be issued.
Kala Sanskriti Yojana
It is an umbrella scheme under which several other programmes are launched. They are as follows
- Repertory Grant: Repertory is performance of ballets, dramas, operas at regular intervals by a company. Under Repertory Grant, trainings are provided. In order to release grant under this programme, the Utilisation Certificate purpose receipts of costume, hall are accepted.
- National Presence: Cultural Programmes are conducted online at national level.
- Cultural Function and production Grant: Under this, research, workshops, conferences, seminars, exhibitions are conducted
- Himalayan Heritage: This mainly preserves cultural heritage of Himalayas. This is achieved through audio-video visual programmes
- Buddhist/Tibetan: Grants are provided to preserve Buddhist and Tibetan culture as well. This includes conducting special courses, documentation and cataloguing, purchase of books, research project and IT upgradation.
The schemes implemented under the umbrella scheme are
- Scheme for Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Scheme for Assistance for creation of cultural infrastructure.
Key features of the scheme
The Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana mainly focuses on Gandhi Heritage Sites Mission, National Mission on Monuments and Antiques and National Mission on Manuscripts.
Gandhi Heritage Site Mission
It was established in 2013. The mission aims to work on 39 identified sites that are closely related to Mahatma Gandhi’s life.
National Mission on Monuments and Antiques
Under the scheme, India aims to prepare a national register and set up a database on heritage sites and antiquities.
National Mission on Manuscripts
It was established to survey, locate and conserve manuscripts of India to enhance awareness.
Category: Art & Culture Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|