IRCTC to start ‘Bharat Darshan Yatra’ on the theme ‘Show India to Indians’
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will be starting ‘Bharat Darshan–Dakshin Bharat Yatra’ from December 12. The Bharat Darshan Yatra will start from Hyderabad and Secunderabad from December 12 to 18. The theme of this yatra will be ‘Show India to Indians’.
- The facility of boarding and de-boarding this tourist train will be available at Secunderabad, Khammam, Nellore, Vijayawada, Warangal, Ongole, and Renigunta.
- The train will have 12 sleeper coaches, one 3-tier AC coach and a pantry car.
- The standard fare for sleeper coaches will be Rs 7,140 and that for three-tier AC will be Rs 8,610.
- The facility of night stays for all the tourists will be made at dormitories or dharmasalas.
- Tourists will also be provided with the morning tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a water bottle per day.
- The authorities will arrange non-AC bus transportation on sharing basis and tourist escort and security on train.
In January 2019, IRCTC also started booking for Shirdi Sai Baba darshan tickets on its website.
Incorporated on September 27, 1999, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary organisation of the Indian Railways. IRCTC handles online ticketing, tourism and catering & hospitality operations of railways. At present, IRCTC has 5 Zonal Offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Secundrabad and Chennai. IRCTC have also started running private trains and its first private and fastest train of the country is “Tejas” which was first started on 24 May 2017 from Mumbai CST to Karmali, Goa. Mahendra Pratap Mall is the Chairman & Managing Director of IRCTC.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|