Industrial Decarbonization Summit 2022
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, inaugurated the “Industrial Decarbonization Summit 2022”- road map for carbon neutrality by 2070 on June 16, 2022.
- During the inauguration, minister emphasized on maintaining equilibrium between environment, ecology, and development.
- The ‘Industrial Decarbonization Summit 2022’ was inaugurated to overcome power shortage because it is necessary to develop alternative fuels.
- According to him, government’s priority is green hydrogen. Government is of the view that, productivity of Biomass can be increased by using Biotechnology and Bio-ethanol, Bio-CNG and Bio-LNG can be made using Biomass.
- Usage of methanol and ethanol will decrease pollution.
- Minister noted that, there is a need to create a focused road map and do adequate research in a bid to reduce imports and increase exports.
What is Industrial Decarbonization Summit?
The Industrial Decarbonization Summit was inaugurated and organised on June 16 at Le’ Meridien Hotel in New Delhi. It focused on variety of research topics related to decarbonization, Policy issues, sustainability, Climate Change including their management, etc. During the summit, academia, researchers, policy makers, business, industry, concerned government department etc will learn at large from each other and identify best practices and promising technologies. Outcome of this summit will help organizers in developing roadmaps on how innovative technologies can contribute towards Decarbonization, and thus lead to energy transition for clean energy.
What is Decarbonization?
In literal terms, decarbonization means reduction of carbon. Precisely it means the conversion to an economic system that compensates and sustainably reduces emissions of carbon dioxide (CO₂). The long-term goal of decarbonization is to create a CO₂-free global economy.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|