Indian Oil Corp tops in 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India list
State-run Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has emerged as the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue as per an annual list of 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India.
IOC topped the list for consecutive sixth year with annual revenue of Rs. 4,51,911 crore. IOC was followed by Mukesh Ambani-led private sector Reliance Industries at the second place with a revenue of Rs. 3,82,565 crore.
Top ten companies are
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC):4,51,911 crore annual revenue.
- Reliance Industries: Rs 3,82,565 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Motors: Rs 2,67,025 crore annual revenue. It has jumped to third slot from fifth place in 2014.
- State Bank of India (SBI): Rs 2,57,289 crore annual revenue. It was ranked sixth in 2014.
- Bharat Petroleum (BPCL): Rs 2,40,367 crore annual revenue. In 2014, it was placed at the third spot.
- Hindustan Petroleum: Rs 2,13,380 crore annual revenue.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC): Rs 1,65,161 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Steel: Rs 1,41,669 crore annual revenue.
- Hindalco Industries: Rs 1,06,897 crore annual revenue.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS): Rs 98,368 crore annual revenue.
- This year’s list of the country’s 500 largest corporations was compiled by the global business magazine Fortune’s Indian edition.
- Total revenue of all firms has grown a mere 2.7 per cent and profits fell by 5.9 per cent compared with 2014.
- In this edition of list there are as many as five energy companies in the top 10. Besides, there are a total of five state-run companies in the top-ten.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|