India- Sri Lanka to take part in ‘Mitra Shakti 21’ Exercise
8th Edition of the “India Sri Lanka bilateral joint Exercise” called Mitra Shakti will be conducted from October 4 to October 15, 2021 at Combat Training School, Ampara in Sri Lanka.
- In the joint exercise, all arms contingent of 120 personnel from the Indian Army will participate along with the battalion of the Sri Lankan Army.
- This exercise will be conducted with the aim of promoting close relations between Armies of India and Sri Lanka.
- It also seeks to enhance inter-operability and share best practices to counter insurgency and terrorism operations.
- It will involve tactical level operations at the sub unit level.
- Operations will be held in international Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism environment.
- The exercise will act as the catalyst to bring synergy and cooperation at grass root level between the Indian army and Sri Lankan Army.
7th Edition of Exercise Mitra Shakti was conducted in the year 2019 at Foreign Training Node (FTN), Pune, Maharashtra. It was conducted with the aim of building and promoting positive relations between armies of both the countries. It also incorporated the current dynamics of United Nations peacekeeping operations by means of practical & comprehensive discussions as well as tactical exercises.
India-Sri Lanka relations
Bilateral relations between India and Sri-Lanka are historic. Only 4% of Sri Lankans are having a negative view regarding India. Both the countries are also close on economic terms. India is the largest trading partner of Sri Lanka. Both the countries share a maritime border. India is separated by Sri Lanka, by the Palk Strait. They are republics within the Commonwealth of Nations.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|