IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022
IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022 was released recently.
- 1,103 individuals from 122 Indian cities have cumulative wealth of Rs.1,000 crore wealth – a 62 per cent increase in the last five years.
- Cumulative wealth has surged by 9.4 per cent, while average wealth has fallen by 1 per cent.
- 602 individuals have witnessed their wealth increase or stay at constant. Of these, 149 were new entrants.
- 415 people have witnessed their wealth decline and 50 have dropped out from this list.
- Number of billionaires in India has dropped to 221.
- Chemicals and Financial Services have the largest number of new entrants and the pharmaceutical sector is the largest contributor of wealth creation and it has contributed towards 126 entrants.
- The pharmaceutical sector has 36 rich entrepreneurs, followed by chemicals and petrochemicals with 23 entrepreneurs and software and services with 21 entrepreneurs.
- Gautam Adani and family has topped the list with an estimated daily wealth of at Rs. 1,612 crore, which is 116 per cent increase when compared to 2021.
- Other top performers are Mukesh Ambani, Cyrus S Poonawalla, Shiv Nadar and others.
- The average age of the individuals on this list was 63.
- The youngest in the list is Bengaluru-based Kaivalya Vohra, who at the age of 19, became the self-made rich individual with the grocery delivery application Zepto. Last year, the youngest in the list was 23-years old.
- The youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in this list is Neha Narkhede – an Indian-American from Pune.
- Other prominent women in this list include Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and family in the 34th position and Radha Vembu of Zoho Corp at the 50th
About IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List
The report was jointly released by Hurun India and IIFL Wealth. The 2022 list is the 11th annual ranking of the richest individuals in India. It focuses on individuals residing or born and bred in India. It gives a comprehensive overview of factors that contributed towards the increasing wealth in the country.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|