Highlights of Uttar Pradesh budget 2015-16
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav presented Rs 3.02 lakh crore annual budget of state on 24 February 2015.
In annual budget state government has given main thrust on agriculture, education, power, health, roads and infrastructure development.
Key facts from budget
- The budget also contains the fiscal deficit of 2.96% of the total GDP of the state. Whereas the state’s debt is expected to be around 27.5% of its GDP.
- Taxes: For 2015-16 no new taxes have been levied in the budget.
- Agriculture: State government has declared year 2015-16 as the Farmers year. In this regard 1000 Agri centrs will be established to promote agriculture as a good mean of livelihood among young farmer entrepreneurs.
- Government Schemes: State government has included new schemes of over Rs 9388 crores in the budget. For farmer’s accident insurance scheme, Rs 600 crores have been allocated.
- For women empowerment, Rs. 100 crore Mahila Samman Kosh has been created.
- For free laptop for meritorious students scheme, state government has allocated Rs 100 crores.
- Power sector: Rs 25764 crores have been allocated for power up gradation and line maintenance in the state.
- Health: State government of built state of the art cancer Institute in Lucknow with a cost of Rs 854 crores. for In proposed budget Rs 111 crores have been allocated.
- Infrastructure: State government allocated Rs 3000 crores to Lucknow Agra Express way. It will longest elevated expressway in India on completion.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|